Saturday, September 6, 2008

Adventures in Snake Food

So I went to my local pet store today, Aquatic Adventures, to get 1 rat pup for Hai, and 1 small rat for Cypress, my 2 ball pythons. Before that, I got my hair trimmed by Stacie, my not so lesbian lover. It took 2+ hours for a trim, in a lovely hotel called the Rosegarden Inn.
It was amusing. But anyway, I call the pet shop up, and Bill is there all on his lonesome, no Kurt to be found. Of course, I wanted to speak to Kurt about graduating Cy to a medium rat, and how often I should feed him if he is moved up (twice a month vs. once a week). I show up, and there are:
A) No small rats
B) No medium rats
C) Only rat pups, good for Hai, but not for Cypress, my fat a**

They also had just got in a new Pastel Ball python, most likely a boy about 4-6 months old, a little underfed. Gorgeous Baby, too bad I couldn't take him home. He was a sweetheart and not headshy at all. Anyway, I came home with a new log for my fat a**, 1 rat for Hai, and 2 for Cy, and as of tonight, Cypress has only eaten one. Michael was joking about sticking the other one in the refrigerator "to keep it fresh."

And to top it all off, Hai bit me! It was the first time I've ever been struck at successfully, and it wasn't painful, she just kind of nipped and let go, but it surprised me. The little brat that she is. She's probably mad that I didn't feed her Wednesday as well. Michael laughed at me...

As for crafting, I picked up a stitch on my navy blue baby blanket and then completed a row. Um....sadly, I think that's it. That's all right, because we went to Arroyo Grande and saw the feral chickens and then had lunch at Mo's in Pismo with Uncle Chris and Katrina.
Then I came home, went and got my hair cut, got snake food, and chilled at Michaels. Yep, that was my day. Nice and fun, eh? I plan on using my sister as a model and adding some things onto my etsy page. And updating my website.


No comments: