Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Fun

Saturday was our big day. Michael and I were driving down to Los Angeles to go see Sonata Arctica and Nightwish in concert at the Wiltern. Now, if you don't like rants about music, go away.

I love Sonata Arctica. I drive a sonata, and am getting a magnet made up that says "arctica," yes, I'm that much of a geek. Michael and I saw them in February in San Fransisco up at Slims. They were amazing, and they were touring solo. I left on a high.

Not this time. They only played one good song, Paid in Full, but the rest were new and they were attempting to imitate Nightwish, who sucked hard core. Michael had me listening to them on the way down, but the new singer, they don't even have her on their website, sucks. She butchered the music. I went expecting to hear a musician, not some Disney wanna-be. Anette and Tarja made the band.

Onto knitting news....I finished a scarf on the trip, and started another. I'll try to post pics soon.


Here is a video of Sonata Arctica for your pleasure:

No comments: