Friday, September 5, 2008

Creation of Schnidt Knitter

Being my first blog post, I will begin by saying that small dogs are snake food. In Knitting news, I finished my first Ugg-inspired baby boot yesterday. I made mine in pinkish-purple and white. I made the larger size, and have already started on my second boot.

I went to Yarns at the Adobe today to hang out and knit with the gals. It was fun, although it was just Lorainne and me. We were decorating the shop's paper bags with yarn scraps. I also found a pattern that I want to try out. It's the Ines pattern by Berroco. After I bought the yarn in a blue-gray colorway, I searched for it on Ravelry, and found out that it has listed that you need 2 hanks, but that is only for 1 sock! I hate when people do that. And apparently it's riddled with errors. Oh well, I have 1/2 the yarn, and I bought 2 new sets of double pointed needles(you can never have too many double pointed needles).

I still want to knit the Fluke stocking pattern, although I'm unsure of what color I want them to be. The other stockings on my list are the Lacy Cables Knee Socks by Sock-o-mania. Those are going to be in a black or a soft grey.

I'm continually knitting baby things for the Maxine Lewis Homeless shelter, as well as adult items for the Prado Day Center, MLHS, and the local Women's shelter. I won't be buying any more yarn or fiber this month, I've made my purchases, unless it's to complete a project. Also, I have to finish 1 baby blanket and the set of booties before I can start anything else. Bleg.

1 comment:

Alarming Female said...

I am honored to have my sock pattern mentioned in your first blog post. Thanks!