Saturday, September 20, 2008

Discovery of DROPS

I have a new love....Drops/Garnstudio.
I bought 108-110, and fell in love with 109-1. Then 108-3, a lace cap. I went and bought 17 balls of Eskimo in color 46, and 2 balls of Alpaca in Dark Gray.

Along with the yarn, I bought pattern books 105-107, and they are okay, but I'm more of a winter-wear person. I guess I prefer to embrace the summer heat, but bundle up against the winter cold? I hate winter....

I'm working on Kat's blanket, finally. It's squares of Lion Brand Russet and Lion Brand Chenille Ruby Print. Yes, I'm using Acrylic, and I enjoy it!!! Actually, I did go to Yarns at the Adobe the other day with my sister, Allie. I brought her so she could touch things, and get her out of the house. She liked a lacy shrug that I had knit earlier, and had her model for me, so I had her pick out some yarn that she liked so I could knit her one. She picked out Berroco Peruvia Quick, 100% Peruvian highland wool yarn in the sea turtle colorway. I also bought 2 more hanks of Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in the stone washed mix colorway. It wasn't listed on the Berroco site, so I don't think they make it anymore, I had to go look it up on Ravelry.

No comments: